Top Ten Tuesday! This is my first time participating, and I'm really excited about this week's topic.
Be sure to check out The Broke and the Bookish where this meme is hosted.
1. The Giver -I am interested to see how the turning points in the book would play out in a movie. No spoilers, but if you've read it you probably know what I'm talking about. (*cough* the apple)
2. The Hunger Games Trilogy -My wish is coming true; the first movie comes out in 2012!
3. Snow Flower and the Secret Fan -I imagine the movie as something like The Memoirs of a Geisha.
4. People of the Book -I loved this book; I would love to see it in a movie that does it justice.
5. The Red Tent -I would love to see the history and culture come alive in a movie.
6. Sarah's Key -This could be a powerful movie, given that very few know about the 1942 Vel d'Hiv Roundup (see my reflection here).
This is technically 8 because of the Hunger Games Trilogy, but I'll try to update the list if I think of anything else.
What books would you like to see on the big screen?
Love and (a book) light,