Saturday, April 9, 2011

Spring Library Book Sale -Part 2!

As promised, I went back for round 2 of the Spring Library Book Sale. (See part 1 here.) Again, I got great  finds! 

Haul Part 2:
1. The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley
2. The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
3. Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
4. The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
5. Love the One You're With by Emily Giffin

This time, I got some books that I wouldn't normally have picked up. I've heard mixed reviews about Eat, Pray, Love, but I decided to formulate my own opinion on it (and for $2 a book, why not?). I've also heard great things about The Alchemist, but I got this more for my husband, B. He doesn't read a lot of fiction, but Herman Hesse's Siddhartha is one of his favorite books. I thought he might like The Alchemist, as they are both about journeys of self discovery. I'm sure I'll eventually get to it as well.

The Thirteenth Tale has been on my to-read list for a while now, so I was incredibly excited to see it at the sale. Of course, everyone needs some guilty pleasures -thus Love the One You're With. ;)

The one I'm most excited about is probably The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie. I love mysteries, and with a 11-year-old female heroine, this one is bound to be a good read.


There you have it -my 2-day library book haul. I enjoyed it so much that I may be back tomorrow for part 3. (Teehee!) 

Love and (a book) light,

~Dorothy

4 comments:

  1. I loved Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie. Such a great read. I hope you like it :)

    P.s. I am supremely jealous of your library's spring sale. I wish mine did something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that you enjoyed it! Now I'm even more excited about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the Thirteenth Tale awhile ago. It's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the 13th Tale, but The Alchemist was so mind-numbingly stupid that I only finished because it was such a short book.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always make me smile. <3