Monday, April 25, 2011

So Many Books; So Little Time OR Plight of the Bookworms

I have a huge stack of books at home waiting to be read, not to mentioned the ones I've downloaded onto my Kindle. And then there are the books that are on my to-read list that I don't own yet. I'm adding books to my to-read list faster than I'm finishing them. Sometimes, it really makes me anxious to think about all the wonderful books that I'm missing out on because I'm not reading fast enough. (Is there an official psychiatric term for that, or is it just the usual crazy?)

I have a full-time job, as well as responsibilities at home, which makes it a struggle to find time to read. I already squeeze in as much reading as I can throughout the day -while I'm doing my hair (can we say fire hazzard?), during my lunch break, while something's in the oven, between commercials, and before bed. However, I still can't seem to get through books fast enough for my own liking. You may wonder why I still watch TV, then, but we actually don't have cable because we wanted more time for intellectual pursuits. We already watch a lot less TV than the average American does.

So how do all of you bookworms find time to read?

Love and (a book) light,

~Dorothy

3 comments:

  1. I fit it in where I can. I read during breaks, when I commut, in the bath and I always read before bed too. I watch very little television but when I do I've found I read during the ads too. Today I even managed to read whilst baking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it makes you feel any better I feel like that too. I am hearing about interesting books faster than I can read them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try to reserve about an hour before bed to read. It's a nice way to kind of unwind from the stress of the day. I still wish that I had more time to read too!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always make me smile. <3