Monday, April 18, 2011

Books on the Big Screen -To see or not to see?

I'm usually not a fan of books being made into movies, but I've heard great things about a few upcoming film adaptations.

I'm really excited about Something Borrowed coming out in May. My friends and I have already planned to see it. I can already tell by the trailers that they have taken some liberties, (such at Ethan being in the US instead of England) but it's chick lit, so I'm not terribly offended. Plus, I love Ginnifer Goodwin! The producers got Rachel's character spot on, so kudos to them on casting.



Another movie I'm excited to see is Jane Eyre. I just finished reading the book last Saturday. Boy that book was long, but I enjoyed every minute of it. I've heard great things about the movie, so I'm hoping it's not the usual book-to-movie disaster. I think the fact that it's a classic will make producers less likely to take liberties, but you never know. I'll definitely post my thoughts here once I get a chance to see it.

I'm also going to read Water for Elephants for a book club in a few weeks. The movie trailer looked good, so here's hoping I can get past Twilight guy (no offense Twilight fans) and concentrate on his character.




Are you planning on seeing any of these movies? What are your thoughts on book-to-movie adaptations in general?

Love and (a book) light,

~Dorothy

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to see Water For Elephants. Had the book on my shelves for years but I saw the trailer this year and it spurred me into reading it. Absolutely loved it and the trailer looked spectavcular so hoping the film will be good too - I didn't even realise it was Twilight guy!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always make me smile. <3