Thursday, August 11, 2011

Throwback Thursday -A Light in the Attic

It's time for Throwback Thursday! Thanks to all of you who shared your bookish childhood memories on last week's special post. If you didn't get a chance to post yours, it's not too late. Click here to see what memories readers shared and to add your own!

This Thursday, we're featuring Shel Silverstein's works. Who doesn't remember those silly rhymes with the equally silly illustrations? Our 3rd grade teacher used to read us a couple of poems after lunch.


I found these 3 books at a yard sale for a buck each! Where the Sidewalk Ends, Falling Up, and A Light in the Attic. Do you have a favorite? 

I don't have a copy, but I loved The Giving Tree most of all. A lump in my throat forms at the thought of it. 

Love and (a book) light,

~Dorothy

4 comments:

  1. I'm jealous you found them all and for such a great deal! I had them all when I was little but unfortunately my favorite, Where The Sidewalk Ends, got lost somewhere along the way. I'll need to get a replacement copy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Giving Tree is my favorite as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love The Giving Tree too! I am thinking of getting a Giving Tree tattoo. : )

    xo,

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Giving Tree as well. In fact I bought one - forgot I had - and then bought another a few weeks later. Now I have two copies.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always make me smile. <3