Thursday, March 31, 2011

Throwback Thursday -Amelia Bedelia

I have created a new series called Throwback Thursday where I will share some of the books that overwhelm me with nostalgic feelings of my childhood. Some of my fondest memories are of me and my dad going to the library when I was a kid, and later reading to both my parents that night. (I was such a show-off.)

I was just reminded of Amelia Bedelia a few months ago at the Children's Section at Barnes & Noble while shopping for my nephew. I let out a gasp and was overwhelmed by the sweet memories rushing back to me. "I remember that!" I said, gripping my husband's arm in a dramatic fashion as I am prone to doing. I tore the book off the shelf and clutched it, feeling close to my dad and regretting his passing. I was thankful for that moment. It's so beautiful to find splendor in the memories; those moments are what life is made for.




I can't remember many specific details about Amelia Bedelia except her flighty nature and her literal interpretation of figures of speech, which was usually the premise of most of the stories.

I'm really excited about Throwback Thursdays. I would love to hear about the books from your childhood as well!

Love and (a book) light,

~Dorothy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments always make me smile. <3